Options for Reception and Lobby Signs
We have several options available for your reception and lobby sign needs:
- Foam core – This is the most cost efficient and least durable option available. Most commonly, foam core is used for short-term indoor use only.
- Ultra board – This product is very close in cost to our foam core, however, it can be used for a longer period of time. Foam core has a paper face, where ultra board has a thin styrene face on both sides. This allows for a nicer print finish and long-term durability if handled properly.
- PVC – PVC (Sintra) is an expanded cell foam product that offers a very durable option at a fraction of the cost of acrylic. PVC can be used both indoors and outdoors, can be cut to any shape, and can be painted to match any color you may need. PVC dimensional signs and letters are great for long or short-term use and are one of our most economical options.
- Dibond – This is the sign material of choice our Coastal Creative lobby. Dibond is an outstanding product that comes in a variety of colors, including brushed aluminum, brushed gold and brushed bronze. Dibond can be used both indoors and outdoors and will last indoors for a lifetime.
- Acrylic – This glossy sub straight is a must for your high-end office. Acrylic comes in an array of colors, however, is also able to be custom painted to match your brand colors. Acrylic is also suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications.
Installation of Reception and Lobby Signs
It is critical to have an installation plan in place before fabricating your dimensional signs & letters. Most commonly, dimensional signs are mounted to the wall using studs, which are inserted into pre-drilled holes in your wall. Dimensional signs can also be designed to utilize a large variety of standoffs that we have available. All of our dimensional signs include an installation template for ease of installation. Of course, we would be happy to assist you with your install today, so please feel free to call our friendly staff at 858-866-6560.
Uses for Dimensional Signs & Letters
Lobby signs are one of the most important additions to functional office signs. Dimensional signs and dimensional letters are most commonly used in the main entryways and major lobby spaces of commercial businesses. Dimensional signs and letters can also be used for building addresses, numbering & lettering, wayfinding signs and accessibility signs.
Printing vs. Vinyl Applications
Dimensional signs can be printed and they can also have custom cut die cut vinyl applied to them. Foam core, ultra board, and Dibond are almost always printed signs, where PVC and acrylic are most commonly painted, especially when used outdoors. Our flatbed printers are able to print on materials up to 2” thick. When printed at over 1000 DPI, your printed dimensional letters are sure to stand out!
The largest available size for most of our rigid sub straights is 4’-0” X 8’-0” (48” X 96”). Some sub straights are available in sizes up to 5’-0” X 10’-0”.
Don’t have a sign designed? Coastal Creative is a full-service design and branding company and would be happy to assist you with your sign design. Give our friendly design staff a call at 858-866-6560 to get started today!
Dimensional signs are easy to care for. We typically recommend dry dusting the signs on a weekly basis, and a mild soap and water every few months. This will insure that you get the maximum effect and life span out of your signs. For acrylic and painted signs, we recommend the use of a soft microfiber cloth for cleaning both wet and dry, to ensure that the finish is not scratched or scuffed. These simple cleaning methods will keep your office signs spotless. Please note that the foam core and ultra board signs should only be dry dusted. Never use water or liquid to clean these types of signs.